Thursday, June 25, 2009

{NEWS}

















{picture taken by Fonnetta of our Weeping Cherry Tree 5-2009}

YAY!!! We have our appointments for our FBI fingerprinting with Homeland Security! We are so excited at the thought of being finished with this paper chase. Our journey has been so smooth, so I really cannot complain. However, I would love to take a deep breath and know that China has our file and have given us a log in date. That should happen in July sometime.

In the mean time, I am working on my cookbook. It too should be completed and ready to sell in July. I have been having so much FUN cooking and taking pictures of all the yummy food that will be in it. I will keep you posted when it is ready to sell. I don't want it to cost more than $20. We are hoping for success with this fundraiser. We need all the funds we can get right now for the adoption.

I have also started preparing to make Makayla a "100 Good Wishes Quilt" or "Bai Jai Bei". I have just finished the letter and will be sending it out soon. A little history about what this is...

When a baby is born, family and friends would donate to the child's mother fabric scraps. It is said that the luck, energy, and good wishes from all the families and friends who contributed the fabric surrounds the child when she is wrapped in the quilt. The quilt is then passed down from generation to generation.

After our coordinator told us about the quilt she made for her daughter, I fell in love with the idea. I am really excited to start sewing this masterpiece. I made a quilt for each one one of our children when they were babies, so it is only fitting. Like I said, I will be mailing out those letters soon. It has a lot more information in it. If you have any questions, please just shoot me an email or make a comment and I will try to answer it.

Have a blessed day!
The Sweeney's

Romans 5:1-4 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through out Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this Grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Makayla's Baby Shower 10-04-09