Friday, February 27, 2009

READY-SET-GO!

Today was our first day of the "Paper Chase"! Everything seemed to go pretty well. I think if you expect the worst, it can only be better:)

Today we were fingerprinted for our FBI criminal reports. Evidently, I do not have very good fingerprints. The woman tried to take digital finger prints of me and my fingers just didn't work. So, I got the good old fashioned INK!!! She said I was doing too many dishes and too much cleaning!!! I am going to have to stop that all together or I will loose my fingerprints!!! GASP! LOL The real story is that it is probably genetic and they are not going to get any better. We are praying that the FBI accepts them anyway. Well, the INK was pretty messy stuff and the GOJO I had to use to get the ink off was so stinky! At least it took off the ink, right? Mike's fingerprints turned out really good, so he didn't have to be inked! Our next stop, get a certified copy of our marriage certificate. The gentleman we had was very pleasant and even asked us questions about the adoption. The last stop downtown was to get my certified birth certificate. We had to go to a different building, but it was still in walking distance. I did not need to do my 30 minute walk today, I got it with several flights of stairs and walking from place to place.

After that, we decided we were too hungry to go any further and needed to grab a sandwich. I remembered a place that Kas and I went to for lunch and I had really wanted to take Mike there. It was perfect for a quick, delicious sandwich. The place is called "Apple Spice Junction". It was FABULOUS, but since we were crunched on time we had to eat and run. However, Mike did enjoy his Turkey Avocado sandwich very much.

We then headed back to our little town to get those fingerprints mailed, but first we had to get the papers notarized. So, off to our bank, to meet with the Notary, who is getting to know us on a first name basis. That didn't take too long and I ran Mike back to work just in time for his 1:00 PM meeting. I then rushed to the UPS store to get copies of the paper work and mailed those prints to the FBI! I also made it to Missi's school and volunteered in her class until the end of the school day. We felt like we had a pretty successful day and can take a breather now. I hope I didn't tire you out too much:) Thank you for all of your continued prayers for our journey. God is GOOD!

Here are a few pictures of us getting our fingerprints.


The Court House:


The old INK process:



I have been INKED!



Mike had it EASY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Makayla's Baby Shower 10-04-09