I wanted to touch base and let everyone know we are still here:) We have done a lot in a few days and all is going smoothly! We have almost all of our Home Study paperwork completed. YA!!! Which is the home study document paper chase. We have so far accomplished: birth certificates, marriage certificates, divorce decree, our blood work, my physical, FBI fingerprinting should arrive today at head quarters, guardianship, referrals from our wonderful friends and neighbors have been sent in... Now, we are waiting on Mike's physical, which is the 17Th and the two kids have to get one too. Then, we can send our Home Study in and get that scheduled. All is running very smoothly I think, other than my blood work-up didn't come in in time for my physical, so I will have to go back to get that information. Thank you LORD!
I had a very strange night two nights ago and wanted to share it with you...I woke in the middle of the night with more fear and uncertainty than I have ever had! I was scared about the adoption and bringing this baby into my life when all of my kids are growing and leaving home. Which was not me by the way...I love children and am not usually the one who gets scared about raising children (wink, wink). I have been a Mommy for 2o years now! Anyway, so I got up quietly to go pray. I was terrified and unsure this was what we were suppose to be doing. First things first, take it to the Lord! I spent some time in prayer asking God if this was truly what He wanted us to do. If so, I needed His perfect peace about it and I need confirmation. If not, I needed to know. I did NOT want this to be what I want in my life, I only want this if it is what HE wants in my life. I have gone down my path before and that is not where I wanted to go again. I finished my plea to Him and went back to sleep. When I woke up, I had 2 specific scriptures in my head and a feeling of wonderful peace. The first was 2 Timothy 1:7, "God did not give us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power, love and a sound mind". Right then I knew my fear was an attack from satan and he was there to give me doubt! The second scripture was Matthew 18:5, "And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me". God had given me the perfect peace I needed to continue and confirmation! God is GOOD!!! We are on the right path and the feeling is FANTASTIC! That was March 2, 2009, we had to go in for our blood work and had been fasting for 14 hours. On the way home from our blood draw, there was a huge beautiful rainbow!!! I just smiled really big...another example of God's promises to all of us!
Have a blessed day!
"Purple"
12 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment