
It has been a bit since my last post...I wanted to let you know we finally got Mikes clearances back from California, (thank you Lord) he was cleared! We knew that would be the case, but the wait was crazy! I am so glad our caseworker, Nora, sent in our Home Study without that date! Our Home Study was finalized on 4-23-09 and sent to Jessa at GWCA. I was told it would be about 2 weeks to get that reviewed and sent back to Nora. Well, that finally happened yesterday, 5-14-09...so, that is around 4 weeks! We have 3 things to fix or rather add to and then it goes back to Jessa again. Not sure how long the wait could be this time. We are suppose to go in to a different wait line...this seems to be the slowest process yet, except for the CA clearances for Mike. As soon as the home study is finished, we can file our I-800A. We are almost finished with the paperwork!!!!
We did attend the webinar with GWCA, " Hope Camp Kids" and gained a lot of information, that was the best part. We did not see a little girl that made our hearts stop, so we took that as a sign Makayla was not here yet. We are not sad or disappointed, we are just waiting for God's timing. I am sure He would allow me to have any child I pursued, but we want the blessing He has waiting for us. Too many times in my life I have taken over and finished what I thought was His plan and learned some valuable lessons. I know God is good and His plan will be the best and more fulfilling than anything I could ever do. We will continue to wait.
We still have some money to raise. We are still working on the last part to GWCA, which we are about $1, 000 shy of hitting and then we save for our trip and orphanage donation. The donation to the orphanage is $5,000 and the trip will be around $10-$15, 000. We are planning to take our family, so it will be more expensive than normal. We have several things in line that we are working on to bring in some dollars, I will keep you posted on the dates and places if you would like to attend any or all of the events. Here is our list... yard sale, jewelery, cook book, BINGO night and silent auction.
Please continue to keep us in your prayers, we need all the divine intervention we can get right now!
Thank you,
The Sweeney's
"Those who wait on the Lord will gain renewed strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
The will walk and not become weary".
Isaiah 40:31





No comments:
Post a Comment