Tuesday, September 24, 2013

3 Years have FLOWN BY...

WOW two years, REALLY!?!?!?  I can't believe that much time has passed so quickly!

Here is a picture of our Sweet Makayla on our 3 year Forever Family Day.  I will tell you there is NO WAY I could write down all that we have been through in the last 2 years! However, I can tell you that Makayla is so smart, funny, happy and a blessing bigger than we ever imagined! She has had 3 surgeries now and I am pretty sure we are done for a very long time.  She has been bi-laterally implanted with cochlear implants and also now has glasses.  She is talking so great and using full sentences. It has been years of speech and determination on her part and ours but the seeds were planted and this little girl is growing by leaps and bounds! We also found out two years ago that Makayla has Ushers Syndrome Type 1.  She is already considered legally blind because she has no night vision and no peripheral vision.  Basically she is at about 30% vision and only in the day.  We have now had a TVI O&M (Teacher of the Visually Impaired Orientation & Mobility Specialist) added to our team.  Makayla is not only learning speech, getting Physical Therapy but now learning to walk with a cane and read braille.  I cried for about a week because honestly all my dreams for her were shattered.  Then, I got over myself and realized her life is going to be her story and we will hold her hand and love her every step of the way.  God put this little girl in our family for a reason and living day by day taking the challenges is the only way we are going to know HIS plan in her life.  Like I said before...she is SMART and will be AWESOME no matter the challenges that are in her life.  Here is a picture of us at her chosen dinner of Chines food...shocking I know! LOL
Makayla loves learning and going to school.  She is beyond social and always has a smile on her face.  Here is a picture of her story board about herself.

It is almost time for her 4 year FOREVER FAMILY DAY on January 25th and I will post an updated picture of her then.  For now I will say, she is surrounded by love! Here is our family.
I love this one we took on the first day of Pre-K and the last day of Pre-K.  She is now in Kindergarten and LOVES it.
She is so very Princess too.  She loves dress up, Princess anything, here favorite color is purple and she is smiling most all of the time.

Have a blessed day!
The Sweeney's

No comments:

Post a Comment

Makayla's Baby Shower 10-04-09